Islam in Britain
Our curriculum embraces much of the National Curriculum programme of study along with various Islamic subjects.
- Islamic Studies Beliefs, Practices, Fiqh, Akhlaq, Seerah and stories of the Prophets.
- Qur’an Reading & tajweed, memorising, understanding.
- Arabic Speaking and listening, reading and writing.
- Literacy Speaking and listening, reading and writing.
- Mathematics Using and applying mathematics, numbers,shape, space and measures.
- Science Experimental and investigative science, Life processes and living things, Materials and their properties and Physical processes.
- Art and Design Exploring knowledge to develop understanding and ideas. Investigating and making art craft and design. Evaluating and developing work.
- Design & Technology The application of knowledge and understanding in using materials and components and developing ideas to plan processes to make and evaluate products.
- Information Technology Using, exploring and discussing experiences of IT.
- Communicating and handling information.
- Controlling and modelling.
- History Chronology, Range and depth of historical knowledge and understanding, Interpretations of history; Historical enquiry, organisation and communication.
- Geography Geographical enquiry, Skills to develop knowledge and understanding of places, patterns and processes; Environmental change and sustainable development.
- PSHE & SEAL Promoting our children to live emotionally sound, healthy, independent lives, and to become informed active Muslim citizens.
- Physical Education Through games, movements and gymnastic activities: acquiring, developing, selecting and applying skills, tactics and compositional ideas; evaluating and improving performance; knowledge and understanding of fitness and health.